Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another Month of Sundays

The Valentine's Cloth is complete and now it is on to March's selection from KrisKnits.  I plan to knit up several large cloths and smaller cloths.  Lovely patterns and easy too!



As each month progresses, I will be updating this post.  So stay tuned!

Anyone interested in knitting these cloths is welcome to stop by Sunday afternoon at the shop and get started!

Shamrock Cloth Progress
The Shamrocks are starting to magically appear!
Shamrock complete despite some Leprechaun Mischief!
Another Kris Knits charmed pattern!
Now it's on to an Easter themed cloth!


A beautiful lace egg washcloth pattern by Obsidian Kitten
Oh such Hippity, Hoppity Fun!  Enjoyed this lacy knit so much I've made two in short order.  There is plenty of yarn left to make a set of four. Learned some interesting new stitches - a 4 stitch decrease, a 3 stitch cluster and a new way to knit an M1 (make one - a 1 stitch increase).  



After completing this set, it will be on to April's selection in a nod to Arbor Day -  Twining Trees by Sarah Bradberry.  Cables will be the lesson here. As soon as I select the yarn, I will post a picture of the start.

The Easter Set is complete so there was still time to make some more Shamrocks!  I used KrisKnits St. Patrick's Day pattern in the smaller cloth size and they make excellent coasters.  A very quick knit and I should have a set of four ready to use on the big green day!




Enjoyed a wonderful St. Patty's Feast of Corned Beef Brisket and the fixings and still had time to start one last cloth for March.  I chose a spring theme - a butterfly floating over a field of lacy eyelet.  This pattern is by Rachel van Schie and this and other lovely patterns can be found HERE.  You can just see my butterfly starting to take flight - she should be ready to set free at the end of the next 'therapy' session!


My completed Butterfly took flight in the garden!


I will be continuing this monthly series but not on this blog.  You can follow my Month of Sundays on Lori's Frames, Fibers & Frills Forum under the discussion thread titled 'A Month of Sundays (Wash Cloth Therapy).

No comments:

Post a Comment